A review of the OM123 Mate OBD2 code reader and eraser, a simple diagnostic tool for your cars faults and error codes.
So you have an orange dash error light on your car, showing an engine fault? This diagnostic tool by OM123/Intey should be able to tell you exactly what that fault is and let you remove the error light too. On first impressions it looks like a great little device that will do exactly what you need, check error codes and erase them for you with no fuss or hassle.
So what can you do with the om123 Mate diagnostic tool?
- Request powertrain frame data
- Request emission related diagnostic trouble codes
- Request onboard monitoring test
- Request emission related diagnostic trouble codes detected
- Request vehicle information
- Built in code library
- Multilingual and code definition
- Adjustable contrast display
- CE, FCC, RoHS certification
As you can see, you can get car information and check what that orange light means on your cars dash near the dials. As well, you can check emissions and on board monitoring. Not a bad little set-up for such a small price.
Pros & Cons
- Very easy to use device
- Plug it in, check what that error is from the light showing on your display
- It will show you what the error/fault is with your car
- Erase that error code and watch the light dissapear
- Instructions are pretty clear and we’ve included the pdf version to help
- Really good price for something that will cost you the same for one trip to a car garage
- Only reads amber/orange error codes
- Doesn’t update via USB so the database you have is the one you live with, unlike others which can update in the future with new information
Conclusion & where to buy
An awesome little tool at a great price, you have an orange light showing on your car dash, this will tell you exactly what the problem is and you or your local garage can go ahead and fix it.
MOTOPOWER OBD2 Scanner Universal Car Engine Fault Code Reader, CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for All OBD II Protocol Cars