Review of St John Ambulance Deluxe Motorist's First Aid Kit
This is a review of the St John Ambulance Deluxe Motorist's First Aid Kit
The St John's Deluxe First Aid Kit is a small size first aid kit designed for emergencies in mind, there is even a less compact version called the "standard". This pack includes essentials for an emergency out on the road.
The pouch is very easy to open and has a robust little handle that can be attached round a strap on a rucksack for when leaving your car to go hiking or camping. As well as being handy to grab from the car in an emergency.
The kit includes:
- First Aid in an Emergency booklet
- 8 x Packs assorted washproof plasters (10-pack)
- 2 x No.16 eye pad
- 2 x Disposable triangular bandage
- 1 x Pack safety pins (6-pack)
- 2 x HSE medium
- 2 x HSE large dressing
- 10 x Cleansing wipes
- 2 x SJS nitrile powder-free gloves
- 2 x Conforming bandage 5 cm x 4.5 m
- 1 x Conforming bandage 10 cm x 4 m
- 1 x Tuff-Kut scissors
- 6 x Eye wash phials 20 ml
- 2 x SJS face shield--single
- 1 x Low-adherent absorbent dressing 5 x 5 cm
- 2 x Big plasters 7.5 x 10 cm
- 1 x Microporous tape 2.5 cm x 10 m
- 1 x Gauze swabs 5 x 5 cm
- 1 x Gauze swabs 10 x 10 cm
- 2 x Burnshield 10 x 10 cm
- 1 x Disposable heat-retaining blanket
This inside of the kit 5 mesh pockets, four to the inside of the lid and then one large mesh pocket to the base. This works well to make sure items to fall out, however I would be careful to pack away the safety pins as these could fall through the mesh. Also I would be careful with the eye wash as the liquid could damage the bag and other items as there is no plastic cover to any pockets.
The kit also comes with a handy emergency first aid booklet which can be helpful in a time of panic. For a deluxe first aid kit it does provide a comprehensive amount of items and even then there is a fair amount of space still in the case for you to add extra bandages, painkillers or ointments.
- Comes in a soft easy to carry and transport pouch
- Designed for emergencies on the road
- Easy to grab
- Comprehensive amount of items
- First Aid booklet included
- Space could be used for other items inside
- Not next day delivery
- Quite pricey for size and contents
- Wasted space
The St John's Ambulance first aid kit is a fantastic little bag to be able to grab from your car in an emergency.