Reviewing the Changes Made In the New 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
For years now, Chevy has given us Pickup trucks that are dependable, durable and long lasting. Silverado 2500 has been one of its best offerings for the past many years. And now in 2018, this model is going to hit the market with some very interesting changes and upgrades.
This pickup truck has been a favorite of all the heavy duty truck buyers, who want their vehicles to offer them durability and versatility. Since inception, many changes have been made to the vehicle on a regular basis, and with the changes that are going to be made to the 2018 model of the same, this pickup truck is going to not only match with its rivals but also become the hottest selling item in the truck market.
What’s New In 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD?
Let’s start with the exterior of the truck. One of the biggest changes that you would be able to see in the exterior of the car would be with respect to the color of the same. While the company is going to discontinue with three of the color options available currently, namely Siren red Tintcoat, Butte red Metallic and Pepperdust Metallic, two new colors would be offered to the buyers, namely, Havana Metallic and Cajun Red Tintcoat. The truck will come with the addition of a new box of side decals and two new grills. If you are going to buy the Z71 or the high county model, you would get a new black mesh grill which would be inserted with a 2 bar dark grill. The graphics of these models have also been revised.
The cabin of the truck also comes with some very interesting changes.
- The Rear Vision Camera would become a standard feature in all models of this car. In the 2017 model, this feature was available on an optional basis.
- The speaker system in the car would also get upgraded from a 4 speaker system to a 6 speaker system.
- The 4.2. Inch color display will be replaced by a 7 inch diagonal touch screen display.
- The new Chevy Silverado 2500 HD will have a new technology installed named Tire Fill Alert. With the help of this new technology, the tire pressure monitoring system would become automatic.
- The cabin would become more stylish, with the concentration being on making it more practical.
Three cab options would be available to the customers, crew, regular and double cab. Many new noise reduction mechanisms are also expected to be added to the truck, in order to offer a more peaceful and quiet ride.
Special emphasis on safety
2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Safety Features
Even with the previous model of this truck, the company has always paid special attention to the safety features present in its vehicles. With Silverado 2500, it takes its concerns for passenger safety to another level. This new model is going to be loaded with new and more advanced safety features including the ones mentioned below:
- StabiliTrak stability control system and anti lock brakes are going to be added to this new truck.
- OnStar would be added to the LT and later trims for a period.
- 4G LTE connectivity will be provided in all the models of the truck and this is going to be one of the highlight features.
The Engine : 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Engine
In the 2017 model, it was the Duramax turbo V-8 engine which was supposed to be the star o the show. The standard powertrain of this engine was 301HP. While the same engine would be used in the 2018 model as well, however, the company is claiming that the payload and the towing capacity of the same would increase in the new model. The fuel efficiency of the engine fitted in the 2018 Silverado 2500 is also expected to be much better and higher than the previous model.
2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Price And Release Date
The new truck, with all its changes and upgrades should hit the markets somewhere IN 2018, although the exact date or month for its launch has not yet been announced. The starting price for the base model of the truck would be priced around $34.500, while its top model, the High Country, would be available somewhere around $70.000.
Overall, there seem to be no room for any grudges from the new truck. With all the additional features and amenities that the company is offering and the advanced technology and powerful engines that it promises, this new truck would be a worthy contender. If the company is able to get its pricing right, this truck, with its rugged looks, would pose to be a big threat to its competitors like Ford F -250 Super Duty and Ram 2500.
2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Photo Gallery: